OK, BRIGHT folks, this is it! The day we’ve all been waiting for is almost here. Dundas Valley Conservation Area will be awash with pink on Saturday September 9th for the 10th annual BRIGHT Run and you will be part of the excitement.
There is a special spirit at the BRIGHT Run, an exhilarating feeling of excitement, hope and inspiration. It’s the day when we all come together after months of fundraising; it’s the day when the BRIGHT family shines its brightest. So get your pink on for the best bright day of the year!
Here’s a map to help you find your way around the event: Site Map
Here’s what you need to know…
What to bring:
In keeping with BRIGHT Run tradition, prepare for rain! Bring a rain poncho and/or umbrella and a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag for cell phones, cameras, cash and other valuables that shouldn’t get wet.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Bring money. You’ll want to buy some lunch at the Denningers barbeque and have some cash to spend at our vendors’ tents.
- Bring a credit and/or debit card, so you can pay for your silent auction prize on the spot and take it home with you.
Parking for people with mobility issues is available at the site, but it’s very limited.
Everyone else should park at Sir William Osler elementary school, 330 Governors Road, or at Dundas Valley Secondary School, 310 Governors Road. Shuttles will take you right to the trail centre gates. Allow for about 10 minutes travel time from the school parking lots.
Registration check-in opens at 9 a.m. at the trail centre. That’s where you can hand in last minute donations and pick up your event package, including T-shirt. Don’t wait til the last minute because line-ups can be long.
Things to do:
- After you’ve got your package, visit the silent auction tent and get your bids in.
- Buy your $5 raffle ticket at the Fly & Ride tent. It’s your chance to win one of three prizes valued at more than $7,500.
- Leave a personal message on the TD Wealth Wall of Hope.
- Have your team photo taken.
- Wander over to the Mercedes-Benz Burlington family area with the kids for some fun and face painting.
- Check out the vendors’ tents where all your pink needs are covered.
- Visit the exhibitor tent and learn about breast cancer service and product providers.
- Meet Olympic gold medal hockey player Laura Fortino, our honorary team captain, as well as Ellie the Entertainer and the Ticat mascot.
Volunteer check-in opens at 7.30 a.m. Make sure you check in and get your name tag. Verify your assignment because it might have changed. Please check out when you leave. Student volunteer hours will be authorized on check-out.
Arrive in advance of your scheduled start time.
Park in the first lot on the left after entering the conservation area and walk up the road toward the trail centre. The welcome tent for volunteers will be easy to spot.
The volunteer breakfast area in the trail centre opens at 7.30.
Any questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator Aryn Sousa at email@example.com