EVENT DAY 2018 (a look back)
There is a special spirit at the BRIGHT Run, an exhilarating feeling of excitement, hope and inspiration. It’s the day when we all come together after months of fundraising, it’s the day when the BRIGHT family shines its brightest. So get your pink on for the best BRIGHT day of the year.
Here’s what you need to know
Before Event day
- Give your fundraising one last push by asking family, friends, neighbours and coworkers to sponsor you.
- Remember to enter your cash and cheque donations to your online total. Click here for a guide on how to do it.
Where: Dundas Valley Conservation Area, 650 Governor’s Road
- Free BRIGHT Run parking is at Dundas Valley Secondary School and Osler Elementary School, both on Governor’s Road. Limited parking is available at the Conservation Area for those with mobility issues.
- Catch a free shuttle bus from parking to the conservation area. Shuttle buses will run continuously.
- For only those with mobility issues, golf carts will be available to take you from the bus drop-off to the trail centre.
What to bring
- Water bottle
- Cash for food and purchases
- Credit/debit for silent auction
- Rain gear, just in case, including resealable plastic bags for electronics
- Pledge sheets and donations
7:30 a.m. Volunteer check-in and volunteer breakfast area open.
9 a.m. The registration area opens. This is where you will pick up your T-shirt package and drop off pledge sheets and donations. The silent auction opens, as does the TD Wealth Wall of Hope. Team photo sessions begin.
9:30 a.m. The formal program starts with the opening welcome led by co-hosts Kim MacDonald (The Weather Network) and Dr. Ian Dayes (Juravinski Cancer Centre) There will be a special performance by acapella group Four Over Forty and the Children’s parade.
10 a.m. Formal stage show begins, hosted by K-Lite’s Sunni Genesco and including a range of special guests.
Piper Alec Rogers leads to the ribbon cutting and countdown, then the BRIGHT Run starts!
11 a.m. and on Runners and walkers welcomed back by BRIGHT Run executive committee members, medical staff and others. Water, apples and snacks are free at the snack tents. Denninger’s barbecue opens.
11:20 a.m. Special performance by country star Donny Lee.
11:45 a.m. Formal closing ceremonies begin.
Noon Silent auction closes. Cheque presentation. Official program ends.
12:30 p.m. Denninger’s barbecue begins to close.
2 p.m. Last parking lot shuttle bus departs.
- Nashville recording artist Donny Lee
- Acapella group Four Over Forty
- Piper Alec Rogers
- Juggler Doug McBrien
- Laura Fortino and Sarah Nurse, women’s ice hockey Olympic medalists
- Sunni Genesco, K-Lite
- Kim MacDonald, The Weather Network
- Dr. Ian Dayes, Juravinski Cancer Centre
- Georgina Mitropoulos, survivor spokesperson
- Bruiser, the Hamilton Bulldogs mascot
- McMaster University Athletics Kids Area
- Silent Auction
- Pink Gear tent
- Raffle ticket tent
- Mercedes-Benz Burlington tent
- Breast Cancer Community display tent
- Denninger’s barbecue