OK, BRIGHT folks, this is it! The day we’ve all been waiting for is almost here. Dundas Valley Conservation Area will be awash with pink on Saturday September 9th for the 10th annual BRIGHT Run and you will be part of the excitement.
There is a special spirit at the BRIGHT Run, an exhilarating feeling of excitement, hope and inspiration. It’s the day when we all come together after months of fundraising; it’s the day when the BRIGHT family shines its brightest. So get your pink on for the best bright day of the year!
Here’s a map to help you find your way around the event: Site Map
Here’s what you need to know
7:00 Park Opens. AV Set up, Décor, Trail Centre open
7:30 Volunteer breakfast area open
8:00 Bus Shuttles operating and shuttle stops open
9:00 Full Registration check-in open. Silent Auction opens.
TD Wealth Wall of Hope; Team and special photo sessions begin; special appearances by Ellie the Entertainer through the morning.
9:20 Piper (Alec Rogers) begins as crowd arrives
9:30 Opening Welcome: (Ian Dayes, Michelle Dubé) – announcements, raffle, silent auction, what’s new for 2017, Display guests, MBB Photo booth + Bras in the Benz winning guess!
9:35-9:50 Special Performance
9:50 Children’s Parade (kids gather in front of the stage & march/dance through the crowd following the big pink ribbon)
10:00 Formal Stage Show begins
10:25 Warm– up! (Encore program-YWCA)
10:30 Piper (Alec Rogers) leads crowd to the Count Down to Ribbon Cutting:
START (5K Walk (Left) + 1K Walk (Left or Right) 5.6K Run (Right)
From 11:00 BRIGHT exec and medical staff welcome back runners and walkers with medals and noisemakers, H20, apples and snacks free at the snacks tents. Denninger’s BBQ open. Physio-care – post walk/run care
11:10 Ongoing announcements, raffle announcements, team photos, Silent Auction, BBQ, Physio-care post walk/run massages
11:20 -11:35 Special performance
11:40 Formal Closing presentations begin: FLY&RIDE Raffle draw
11:45 -12:00 Top Team(s) and Individual acknowledgments; Thank-yous to our supporters and partners
11:59 One minute countdown to Silent Auction close at 12:00
12:00 Cheque presentation
12:00 Official program ends, music and BBQ continues until 12:30 PM
12:30 Clean-up teams begin
14:00 Last parking shuttle departs for Sir William Osler School
16:30 Park officially closes for the day
Download pdf of schedule
What to bring:
- In keeping with BRIGHT Run tradition, prepare for rain! Bring a rain poncho and/or umbrella and a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag for cell phones, cameras, cash and other valuables that shouldn’t get wet
- Bring sunscreen and a hat
- Bring money. You’ll want to buy some lunch at the Denninger’s barbeque and have some cash to spend at our vendors’ tents
- Bring a credit and/or debit card, so you can pay for your silent auction prize on the spot and take it home with you
Parking for people with mobility issues is available at the site, but it’s very limited.
Everyone else should park at Sir William Osler elementary school, 330 Governors Road, or at Dundas Valley Secondary School, 310 Governors Road. Shuttles will take you right to the trail centre gates. Allow for about 10 minutes travel time from the school parking lots.
Registration check-in opens at 9 a.m. at the trail centre. That’s where you can hand in last minute donations and pick up your event package, including T-shirt. Don’t wait til the last minute because line-ups can be long.
Things to do:
- After you’ve got your package, visit the silent auction tent and get your bids in
- Buy your $5 raffle ticket at the Fly & Ride tent. It’s your chance to win one of three prizes valued at more than $7,500
- Leave a personal message on the TD Wealth Wall of Hope
- Have your team photo taken
- Wander over to the Mercedes-Benz Burlington area for a special photo opportunity with some very special vehicles
- Check out the vendors’ tents where all your pink needs are covered
- Visit the exhibitor tent and learn about breast cancer service and product providers
- Have your team photo taken by award-winning photographer Rick Harris
- Volunteer check-in opens at 7.30 a.m. Make sure you check in and (if you don’t already have it) get your name tag and tshirt.
- Verify your assignment because it might have changed.
- Student volunteer hours will be authorized on check-out.
- Arrive in advance of your scheduled start time.
- Park in the first lot on the left after entering the conservation area and walk up the road toward the trail centre.
- The welcome tent for volunteers will be easy to spot.
- The volunteer breakfast area in the trail centre opens at 7.30.
Any questions? Contact Volunteer Coordinator Aryn Sousa at firstname.lastname@example.org