If you are a new participant – WELCOME ABOARD! We are very happy that you have chosen to join us.
To those of you who are returning for another year – We are so glad to have you back and hope that you have invited your friends and family to join you.
Here are a few tips that will help you with the registration process:
- New participants just click on “Sign Up” and off you go.
- Facebook makes it easy to sign up too. Just click “Login or sign up using your Facebook Account”.
- Returning participants can simply type in their USERNAME and PASSWORD in the boxes provided on the left-hand side of first page.
- To join an existing team, click on “Search for a Walker/Runner to Sponsor or Team to Join” and type in the Team info.
- It is very easy to register your friends or family members – simply click “+Add Others” located at the bottom of the Please answer the following questions: page.
- You will be asked for the personal information of each member of your group and the registration payment will be processed as one lump sum versus individually.
Please have your VISA, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal information ready.
Once you are registered
Thank you for joining us, once you are registered you are welcome to form a team or join an existing one. Click here for our Team info page.
You can also stay solo and fundraise on your own. Here are some tips:
- Share your story: when telling people about the event make sure to share why you believe
in the cause.
- Stay motivated: don’t take it personally if someone doesn’t want to donate as people
support many causes and may not be able to support all of them. If someone says no to
donating money, you could ask him or her to spread the word about the event or invite
them to “like” the facebook page.
- Stay in touch: send updates to your donors on how much you’ve raised and how much the
event raised in total. Don’t forget to say thank you! A picture of you at the event is
always a nice touch!
List of potential supporters:
Here are a few ideas of who you can approach for pledges:
- People you know through Facebook and Twitter
Ways to fun(d)raise:
1) Collecting pledges offline (cash and cheques)
Collecting individual cash and cheques is a great fundraising technique. You can download pledge forms here.
Ideas for offline fundraising:
- Place a donation jar on your desk at work.
- Ask your employer to match any money you raise.
- Fill a water bottle with dimes – it adds up to about $100!
2) Collecting pledges online
Online fundraising is fast, easy and convenient! On the website, you can personalize individual and team fundraising pages with photos and your own stories. You can email friends and family anywhere/anytime, and instantly link your personal or team fundraising page to Facebook, Twitter, or your preferred social media platform.
Ideas for online fundraising:
- Personalize your fundraising page on the BRIGHT website.
- Share your BRIGHT story through social media.
- Add a photo of your team or the person you walk/run in honour or memory of.
- Share a video talking about why you walk/run.
- Email friends and family asking for donations
If you experience any difficulties with the registration process, joining a team, creating a team or registering friends and family, please contact Vanessa Sheppard at 905 521-2100 ext 66386 or firstname.lastname@example.org Vanessa will be more than happy to help you out.
What to bring:
In keeping with BRIGHT Run tradition, prepare for rain! Bring a rain poncho and/or umbrella and a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag for cell phones, cameras, cash and other valuables that shouldn’t get wet.
Bring sunscreen and a hat.
Bring money. You’ll want to buy some lunch at the Denningers barbeque and have some cash to spend at our vendors’ tents.
Bring a credit and/or debit card, so you can pay for your silent auction prize on the spot and take it home with you.
Parking for people with mobility issues is available at the site, but it’s very limited.
Everyone else should park at Sir William Osler elementary school, 330 Governors Road, or at Dundas Valley Secondary School, 310 Governors Road. Shuttles will take you right to the trail centre gates. Allow for about 10 minutes travel time from the school parking lots.
Registration check-in opens at 9 a.m. at the trail centre. That’s where you can hand in last minute donations and pick up your event package, including T-shirt. Don’t wait til the last minute because line-ups can be long.